Hi. I’m Ian Ng.
I am a Product Builder.
I am a Product Builder.
I’ve always been the most curious person in the room.
While pursuing my Finance / Information Systems degree in University, my favourite classes were the elective classes that had absolutely nothing to do with my degree. I would sign up for classes like Psychology, Marketing, Economics and even sneak into classes like Game Theory which was wildly fascinating.
I often try to learn one new thing a year – whether it was a new skill, a new knowledge, or even a new sport.
I started my career off in a Private Equity company as an Analyst/Strategist- which later led me to discover the world of digital in business. I was hooked.
Digital Marketing, E-Commerce and Technology flooded my world. I learnt anything and everything that honed my interest and was one of the early adopters in Malaysia.
This eventually led me to the world of tech startups and letting me discover the greatest tech entrepreneurs which have greatly influenced me today – Steve Jobs & Elon Musk notably.
Learning that the greatest products made in the world were made that people no smarter that me was an invitation for me to dream big and create great products as a legacy that I would want to leave in this world.
– Redesigned and Revamped the Product Display page that resulted in a total uplift of over 10% in total revenue
– Led the team to build the first Exclusive Launches together with Adidas and Nike for special drops shoes online
– Built and launched BeepIt.com with the team in 1 week
– Scaled our logistics to handle 50 orders in the first week to thousands in 1 year
– Launched regionally in Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and Thailand in 6 months from launch
– Headed the integrations with multiple 3PL partners (Grab, Lalamove, MrSpeedy, Teleport)
Founded Koyara.com – an online E-Commerce Marketplace focused on the health vertical.
– Grew from RM30,000 in revenues in 1st year to RM300,000 by the 2nd year
– Won 2017 Best Health Tech Startup by Rice Bowl Awards
– Featured on Vulcan Post
– Acquired Healthworks.my in January 2019
Built an in-house Value Creation team of 15 for a Private Equity company. Grew new revenue streams of over USD1 million purely from digital.
Led a Digital Marketing team of 15 which help saved over RM500,000 of Digital Advertising and Promotional spending for Portfolio companies
Developed Digital Strategies and Marketing Campaigns for portfolio companies. Work includes building new websites, SEO, SEM, social media management and E-Commerce development.
Studied a Commerce degree at UNSW majoring in Information Systems, minoring in Finance
Completed the VCE with a Distinction average